06 August, 2010

INTERMITTENT FASTING FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS

I plan to do Intermittent fasting for weight losss. Jesus said "this kind cometh forth by nothing but prayer and fasting." I have asked the Lord about what to do about my overeating and the extra 50 lbs that I am carrying. I believe that He is leading me into a period of intermittent fasting. I hope to eat only one meal per day (with God's help) so that I can get control over the spirit of gluttony. I have tried the low calorie, low carb plans and just cannot stick with it! I have read different blogs about intermittent fasting and believe that it can indeed be a good way to overcome overeating.

Of course, I will have to cut out sugar. We know (from MANY sources) that sugar can indeed be addictive. I know that I certainly have addictive behaviors when it comes to sugar. How subtle the enemy of our soul (satan) can be! He would gladly have the Christian eat himself to illness!

Okay, enough ranting for now. In summary, I plan to cut out sugar and eat only one meal a day for weight loss. Please follow me on this weight loss journey. I invite your comments, suggestions, but most of all, your encouragement.

In Christ, Pat

4 comments:

  1. I believe you can find freedom through Christ and in denying your flesh through intermittent fasting. Thank you for following the fasting life blog, but if you want to keep updated on my posts, you'll have to follow www.alifeofimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sister. Thanks for telling me about your blog. I am your newest follower. I hope you'll keep up with my blog as well.

    To answer your question that you posed on youtube. Unfortunately when I was on track with IF - I felt it gave me license to eat stuff that I had gotten away from. You definitely need to eat healthy food, but since your calories are much fewer, it leaves room to cheat some.

    Blessings & hugs!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth,
    Thanks for your comment. I understand what you mean about the temptation to think of the one meal a day as a "license to eat stuff" that I shouldn't. I have to overcome the temptation to binge! But you are right, with one meal a day, the overall calories per day are less. I have also noticed that one can only eat soooo much at one setting; thus the beauty of intermittent fasting!

    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula,
    Thanks for your comment re denying our flesh through the power of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
    I can do NOTHING apart from Him.

    Blessings & Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are invited and encouraged; we can all learn from each other!

Friends who help me along the way!

INTERMITTENT FASTING FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS