23 August, 2010

A DEVOTIONAL ON ROMANS 8:33-34

Who then shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies!!  Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore, is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Some have said that this one verse is the gospel in a nutshell. Four great pillars of faith are found here. The four horns of the altar are found in this verse. And also, four good reasons why believers cannot be condemned. It is all here. This one precious verse!

We agree we are sinners.

We agree Christ died for us.

We agree Christ makes intercession for us. Thank you Lord, the charges are dropped!

What is the hope of your confidence before God? My only hope is Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary. I shall not boast in anything except Jesus Christ and Him crucified!

Divine justice was satisfied in the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross!

The cloud of God's judgement emptied itself that day! Not one charge against the believer! Praise His Holy Name!

Who can bring a charge against God's elect? The wrath of God was exhaused at the cross. Jesus said "It is finished".

But a voice inside us says "how can that be? I am so wicked"!

Jesus Christ was treated as if He was the sinner, the adulterer, the liar, the thief, the murderer! He represented US at the cross!

My sin is awful, some might say. Others may privately think "Oh, my sin state is not all that bad; I am a pretty good person" That person is deceived! Our sin was there that day on the cross of calvary. All sin against God is treason. All sin is terrible! But the gospel of Jesus Christ proclaims that our sin was purged by one great sacrifice. God laid on the Lord Jesus Christ the iniquity of us all.

Do you believe in, rely on, trust in Him for your salvation?

Romans ch. 8 begins with NO condemnation and ends with NO separation.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead was God's stamp of approval on that great sacrifice! The payment for our sin was received!

Jesus Christ is alive forevermore. He ever liveth to make intercession for us. Because He lives, we shall live. Shelter yourself beneath these truths. There are NO refusals at the foot of the blood-stained cross!!

Written by Pat @ forhishonorandglory

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! There are NO refusals at the foot of the cross! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, thank you for visiting my blog. Yes, we can all lose this weight! I've lost weight in the past on so many different plans that right now I am trying to watch my portion control and I've got to start exercising on a regular basis. When I've fasted in the past it was Optifast, Medifast, Slim-fast one of the liquid diets. I really liked them and am thinking about trying one again. I need to read up on intermitten fasting. I look forward to following you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are invited and encouraged; we can all learn from each other!

Friends who help me along the way!

INTERMITTENT FASTING FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS