19 November, 2010

WHY DO WE FALL OFF THE WAGON WITH OUR PLAN TO LOSE WEIGHT?

Hello to my blogger friends!  This is a post to just say that I have been off the wagon for weeks!  I had such high hopes of losing this weight with Intermittent Fasting.  I fell of the wagon and was then totally embarassed to even look at this blog!  This blog was evidence of my START in losing weight.  My absence from the blog was evidence of my NOT STAYING TRUE to my goals of Intermittent Fasting for weight loss.

This is what I have learned:

1.  That first "JUST ONE BITE" is what usually gets us off track!
2.  We must purpose in our heart that we will NOT eat unless we are hungry.
3.  For me, no sugars - they cause me to binge!
4.  We must treat this overeating just for what it is:   It is an addiction!
5.  We must deal with this addiction drastically.
6.  We must remember to ask God for HIS strength in overcoming our addiction to food.  Apart from Christ, we can do nothing!

I hope to practice Intermittent Fasting for weight loss.  I hope to cut out all sugar and flour.  I hope to actually not eat unless I am hungry.

With God's help, I hope to stay on track this time. 

In Christ,    Pat

10 comments:

  1. My excuse is that I have about twenty pounds to lose and I allow that to keep me where I am at instead of moving on to victory....So therefore I have been at the same weight for a long time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this...praise God for getting back on track. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten off the IF track. You're right about this being an addiction. You are inspiring me to share more as I strive to reach my weight loss goal of 120 something pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pat. I've been off track since September. I am having such a difficult time making myself start again. My jeans are tight and I don't like the way I look in my clothes. Very frustrating. I must get my backside in gear again!

    I pray you're having great success!

    Love!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl..it's really strange. I am unable to see your post or everyone else comments. I see everyone's beautiful faces but that's it...

    It's just amazing how God works. I had just stopped following you on Friday since when I came to 'see' you, it stated that it wasn't to be found (blogger). So I thought, hmm..she closed her blog down.

    Well ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..praise God for His leading you back to share your heart with us..now if I can only read that post..sigh...hopefully the glitch will work itself out once I get back from Mass..love ya girl..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, I am so delighted that you visited my blog! Wouldn't want to lose touch "for the world" as they say in the south!! Great to hear from you!
    Love ya, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and hope that you are posting again soon. I get so frustrated with my yo-yo weight that I threw my scale away a few months ago. I've been considering Intermittent Fasting. I feel the Lord is leading me to take better care of His temple. It would be nice to share my experiences with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,
    Thanks for visiting! I actually checked out your blog and I love your strong Christian witness! May you be blessed this Christmas season with more of His presence, His abundance, and His peace! Please drop by often and I will do the same. I love to discover new friends in Christ!
    In Christ, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Pat, for sharing your heart! I found the Fast-5 e-book and website in October and was so pleased to find your blog. As a Christian, your blogspot title ...for His honor and glory, matches my theology completely. Every one of your "This is what I learned" items could have been written by me. I've lost 20 lbs since mid-Oct. and need to lose another 75. This will not happen unless I change my ways during the 5-hour daily meal. I hope you'll do more videos. May our Lord richly bless you!
    In Christian love, Mitzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, mvanhorn, for your precious comment. I know that we can do this! I am encouraged in knowing that I have a partner in prayer, intermittent fasting, and weight loss. Please keep me posted on how you are doing.
    Your sister in Christ, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. One has to be more patient and make endeavors to change his eating habits and this is a very difficult task but not impossible to adapt. if someone has the willpower he can do it and take it as a challenge in life.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are invited and encouraged; we can all learn from each other!

Friends who help me along the way!

INTERMITTENT FASTING FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS